At HAPARI, we pride ourselves on creating gorgeous and inclusive swimwear for all bodies. That means we don’t create swimwear designed for just one body shape in mind—and in fact, when we started our swimwear line nearly 18 years ago, we made it our mission to make swimwear more inclusive for women, particularly for moms. Finding a swimsuit that fits you just right can make your beach or pool experience significantly better. With that in mind, in today’s post, we’re helping you find the perfectly fitting swimsuit for your body shape. And, we’re sharing picks for both tankini tops and bikini tops, so you’ll have options based on how much coverage you want.
Top 10 Swimsuits at a Glance:
Below is a quick glance at are our top 10 swimsuit picks for specific product features and/or particular fits. Use this section to quickly find a swimsuit for your specific needs!
- Best High-Neck Coverage: Wylde Pink High-Neck Tankini Top
- Best for Large Chest: Black Underwire Bikini Top
- Best for Small Chest: Cheval Twist Bikini Top
- Best Push-Up: Black Push-up Bikini Top
- Best Underwire: Black Underwire Tankini Top
- Best for Tummy Control: Merlot Slimming Tankini Top
- Best for Long Torsos: Freska Sport Tankini Top
- Best Full-Coverage Bottom: Black Tummy Tuk Swim Bottom
- Best Cheeky Bottom: Black Euro Cheeky Bottom
- Best for Sport/Activities: One-Piece Swimsuits
Swimsuit Picks by Body Shape
Next up, we’ve picked our favorite tankini top and bikini top options for each body type—hourglass, full figure/apple, pear, and straight. We selected one of our favorite prints in each style but there are several different types of prints and design options. So, be sure to pick whichever color and design is most flattering on you!
1. Hourglass Figures
An hourglass figure typically means your hips and bust are similar in size while your waist is more narrow. For this body type there is a wide range of swimwear styles that will look great. Our favorite picks in a full coverage Tankini and a two-piece Bikini are:
- Tankini Pick: Freska Twist Tankini Top: With a deep v-neck top this tankini top accentuates your hourglass curves while providing full coverage in the midsection. Adjustable halter straps mean you can control the amount of support by making the straps a little tighter or looser.
Bikini Pick: Wylde Pink Twist Bikini Top: The bikini version of the twist style is a great alternative to the tankini top. The bikini features the same deep v-neck, flattering your natural curves, and can be adjusted for your specific coverage preferences.
2. Full Figures and Apple-Shaped Figures
Body types with fuller-figures or apple-shaped figures tend to have more weight in the center of the body. Sometimes this body shape also has a fuller top half in comparison to the bottom half of the body. We have many great options for this body type too—here’s our top picks for this body shape:
- Tankini Pick: Kiwi Slimming Tankini Top: This suit is perfect for full-figure and apple-shaped body types. The Top is designed to create a smooth and flattering midsection with a unique tummy-sculpting mesh liner that controls movement. And, black side panels help accentuate curves, creating a sleek silhouette.
- Bikini Pick: Black Underwire Bikini Top: A bikini top that helps create curves will look great on this body type, the Black Underwire Bikini Top should do just the trick! This top has a built in underwire for added support—it’s like your favorite bra turned into a swimsuit. Plus it has a square neckline so you won’t have to worry about falling out or showing too much skin.
3. Pear-Shaped Figures
Women with pear-shaped figures typically have fuller thighs, a defined waist, and shoulders that are more narrow. This body type tends to have a smaller bust area, requiring less support than other body types. Whether it’s a two-piece style or a full-coverage one-piece there are several options that will work great for pear-shaped bodies. Our favorites are:
Tankini Pick: Onyx Underwire Tankini Top: This is the full-length version of our underwire series. The top features a built in underwire and sewn-in padding making it a great option to boost curves up top, while still providing full midsection coverage.
- Bikini Pick: Push-Up Bikini Top: A push-up bikini top is a game changer for everyone—and it works particularly well on pear-shaped bodies. This two-piece top has sewn-in padding and adjustable straps to amplify curves, creating the illusion of a more balanced body shape from bust to hips.
4. Straight Figures
Straight-figured ladies tend to have less curves and are more slender in their body shape. This body type doesn’t require as much support in the bust line, so most bikini tops will work really well for this shape. This body type can also have petite or athletic variations as well. For this shape, here’s what we’re loving:
Tankini Pick: Midnight Sport Tankini Top: This top features a sporty scoop neckline, perfect for smaller chests, and adjustable halter-ties to control support coverage. The silhouette helps accentuate this body shape’s slender lines and natural curves.
- Bikini Pick: Native Bralette Bikini Top: With sewn-in padding, adjustable straps and a sweetheart neckline, this top will help create curves in straighter figures. And, HAPARI’s silicone Illusions™ inserts are a great way to create additional enhancement and balance this body shape.
Shop Now—Buy One, Get One Free!
Now that you know how to find the perfect fit, it’s time to shop! For a limited time, when you buy one swimsuit you can get a second of equal or lesser value for free. Be sure to use code: MDS22 at checkout to score this deal. Better hurry though, these deals won’t last long!
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in our HAPARI blog. We feature special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear.