Try this DIY Body Scrub from HAPARI to naturally rejuvenate your skin!
Looking to shed your skin of its wintery gloom? Trust us, so are we. Cold and dry temperatures wreak havoc on the skin and often result in itchy, flaky, rough patches of skin that can become irritating and painful. Yuck!
With Spring officially just around the corner (March 20), it’s time to rejuvenate your skin. One of our favorite ways to brighten up skin is using a coffee scrub. DIY body scrubs are really popular and have been a top trend the last few years. Scrubs offer a number of awesome benefits, like:
- Exfoliating properties that improve blood flow and circulation.
- Scrubs reduce appearance of cellulite, stretch marks, and other skin conditions.
- Caffeinated scrubs boost collagen levels and leave skin feeling silky smooth.
- Coffee is natural aromatherapy; the scents work as antidepressants and can help clear your mind.
- Green living! By repurposing coffee grounds (available at most Starbucks), you’re saving money and resources.
Convinced on the benefits of scrubs? Then try making our DIY Organic Coffee Body Scrub recipe at home! It’s simple, easy, and very cost effective (the store bought scrubs can be pricey.)
DIY Organic Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 cup of organic ground coffee
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Optional: Add scented oil to the scrub.
Combine materials in a large mixing bowl. Mix ground coffee, raw sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon until evenly distributed. Microwave coconut oil for 30 seconds or until softened. Whisk coconut oil with scrub mix in bowl. Pour mixture into separate containers.
Viola! The perfect coffee scrub!
How to Use Your Scrub
Use your scrub in your next bath or shower. Rinse and wash body normally, then apply the scrub all over the body. Rub in circular motions, making sure to focus on trouble areas like stretch marks, rough skin, and/or elbows/knees/feet. Let the scrub soak on the skin for 5 minutes. Then rinse off. Done! Repeat 2 times a week.
For more posts like this, check out the HAPARI blog! We’re like your favorite lifestyle blog but better!