I freakin’ love the commercials during the Superbowl! My favorites are usually the Tabasco commercials, and I always follow the finalists for the Doritos Crash The Super Bowl contest. This year there are 5 entrants left in the Doritos contest. One of them is a single dad that lives in Arizona and I'm personally pulling for him to win. If you haven't seen them yet, I've shared all 5 of the videos below, just below my famous 7 layer bean dip recipe. Don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds, you won't have any problems fitting into your favorite swimsuits this year because of it. lol
7 Layer Bean Dip Recipe
- Get a Big Tray
- Fill the bottom layer with Frito Bean Dip (in a can)
- Put 4 avocados in a Blender (if you have a Vitamix this is highly suggested) with 2 heaping Tablespoons (maybe more) of Best Foods Mayo, Squeeze of lemon juice – spread this over the Bean Dip Layer
- Sour cream – mix a package of taco seasoning in with this and then spread over the Avocado Layer
- Shredded Cheese, more Cheese and more shredded cheese
- Sliced olives
- Roma tomatoes diced
- Some people like Green Onions but this is optional
- Let chill for 2 hours if possible before serving
Doritos Crash The Super Bowl Contest Finalists
Now let's get down to the finalist for this years contest. Whatever you do, be sure to vote for your favorite!
“Time Machine” by Ryan Andersen of Scottsdale, Arizona (this is the one I was talking about)
“Office Thief” by Chris Capel of Valencia, California
“The Cowboy Kid” by Amber Gill of Ladera Ranch, California
“Breakroom Ostrich” by Eric Haviv of Atlanta, Georgia
“Finger Cleaner” by Thomas Noakes of Sydney, Australia.
I think the most exciting part about the Doritos commercials are that the entrants are normal, every day, bill paying adults just trying to put bean dip on the table for a super bowl party that they can barely afford since they just spent their paycheck on the 82 inch big screen TV from Costco. Whatever it takes.
It would also be nice to see a woman win and her commercial is really good. Check them out and let me know which one you are voting for!