It’s hard to believe the 4th of July is this weekend! While you’re shopping for fireworks and planning a backyard BBQ, it’s also a great time to think about yummy and festive dessert recipes to celebrate the holiday. Today we are featuring a few of our favorite red, white and blue treats. Our curated list features quick and easy-to-make recipes so you can whip up a patriotic dish without spending all day making it. Check out the list below and enjoy!
- Red, White, and Blue Flag Sheet Cake
This recipe is a 4th of July classic. It features colorful strawberries, blueberries, and vanilla frosting atop a tasty chocolate sheet cake. The design makes an American flag; patriotic and tasty! This recipe is a staple at most 4th of July BBQs and one to try this year if you’ve never made it before. Check out the full recipe and directions via Kitchen Treaty. Ingredients are listed below.
Image via Kitchen Treaty
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt or table salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter or Earth Balance buttery sticks, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 ounces (about 1 cup or 1/2 pint) fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 32 ounces (about 6 cups, 2 pounds, or 2 1/2 pints) fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, halved, and patted dry
2. Red, White and Blue Popsicles
Next up, we have a tasty treat to keep you cool during the time spent outside. This recipe creates delicious homemade red, white, and blue popsicles! Besides the ingredients listed, you’ll need popsicle molds (we like these ones on Target for $9.99). Along with being a tasty treat, this recipe also has fresh fruit in it. It’s a refreshing and healthy treat your kids will love! Check out the recipe by Eating by Elaine and the ingredient list below.
Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain non-dairy yogurt*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries (or diced strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3. Red, White and Blue Cake Pops
Cake pops have been all the rage the last few years. They are also particularly great for picnics and BBQs because they are easy-to-eat and don’t require utensils or plates. One less thing to worry about is a win in our book! These red, white, and blue cake pops can be made in festive shapes like stars or as a classic circle. Decorate with sprinkles to add a tasty crunch! This recipe comes from Eclectic Recipes. Head over to that link to view the recipe and full directions. The ingredients are below!
- 1 box white cake mix
- Red and blue sprinkles
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- All ingredients needed to make cake box mix plus one additional egg white
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package white almond bark
- Lollipop sticks
Don’t Forget Your Red, White and Blue Swimsuit!
Along with making a delicious and patriotic dessert for the holiday, make sure you have your red, white, and blue swimsuit to wear! You’re in luck too; one of our biggest sales of the season is happening now! Score 60% OFF with code SOAK60 on all participating swimwear options, including many styles in our 2020 Swimwear Collection. Better hurry though, this deal won’t last for long and is subject to change.
Have questions on fit?Make sure to check out our Size and Fit Guide and if you still have questions, reach out to one of our HAPARI Style Consultants at (866) 525-SWIM (7946).
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in our HAPARI blog. We include special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear. See you there!