(Image via Loco Gringo)
Who’s ready for a vacation?! It’s that time of year when the winter blues are wearing your soul thin! So, who’s ready to escape for a some warm weather and a weekend getaway? We sure are!
Today’s post features one of the most popular ‘trendy’ vacation spots for Americans: Tulum, Mexico. This destination is popular for a reason; with pearly white beaches to sparkling turquoise waters to ancient Mayan ruins, Tulum is the ideal spot for a weekend getaway.
Check out today’s HAPARI Destination Spotlight: Tulum, Mexico!
Tulum (pronounced to0-loom) is a resort town on Mexico’s Caribbean coast, approximately 70 miles from the more well-known resort town of Cancun. Besides the beautiful weather and pristine beaches found all along the Caribbean Coast, Tulum’s special selling point is its 13th-Century walled Mayan archaeological site, Tulum National Park. The park overlooks the sea from a clifftop view that’s breathtaking. (Image via Much Tours)
Top Things to Do in Tulum
Almost convinced Tulum is the place to book your spring-get-away-trip? These top things to do in Tulum may just seal the deal. Check out our favorite five must-do’s while visiting Tulum: (Image via Here And There Without A Care)
- Ancient Mayan Ruins: Mix history with mystery and make sure to include exploring the ancient Mayan Ruins in Tulum. These 13th-century ruins are a walled structure and sit a top a cliff overlooking the ocean; it’s a must-see!
- Playa Paraiso: Playa Paraiso is one of the top five resorts in Tulum. It’s definitely worth a day trip to check out the five star digs!
- Cenotes Sac Actun Caves: These underwater caves are a must-see for your trip. Once you’re in Tulum, it’s fairly easy to find a guide to take you to the caves via either scuba diving or snorkeling tours.
- The FOOD: If you love Mexican food and seafood, you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to try the tacos at Antojitos La Chiapaneca and the Ceviche at El Camello!
- Hartwood Tulum: Dine at one of the most famous restaurants in Tulum. Just be prepared for the hour-long wait to get in!
HAPARI Swim Picks for Tulum
Drawing from Tulum’s bright pops of ocean blues and swirls of white sandy beaches, our top swim picks for Tulum all feature the new 2016 Bloomburst print. This print combines the tropical flora and the majestic colors of Tulum in one stunning design. Wear this print in popular bikini, tankini, or tankini dress styles.
(Left to Right: Bloomburst Push Up Bikini, Bloomburst V-Neck Tankini Top, Bloomburst Tankini Dress)
For more posts like this, check out the HAPARI Blog. We’re like your favorite lifestyle blog, but better - mostly because we follow the HAPARI code of creating quality content you want to read. See you there!