With the Coronavirus still in full swing, it seems like we will all be working and spending a significant portion of time at home for the foreseeable future. Today’s post is a fitness feature highlighting at-home workouts you can do without any equipment. So, whether your local gym is open or not, you can still get a great, sweaty workout session in.
Check out the at-home exercises below and get ready to sweat!
Warm Up with Cardio
Start your at-home workout with some cardio. This will get your heartbeat up and your body warm. Below are a few of our favorite cardio exercises that require no equipment and can be done in the comfort of your living room.
Try 3 sets of 10-15 reps, or 30 seconds, of each exercise below:
- Burpees: We know, we know, everyone has a love-hate relationship with burpees, but there’s a reason these are a staple workout exercise. Burpees work your arms, back, chest, core, glutes, and legs. They also spike your heart rate quickly. Because these require no equipment, you can literally do these anywhere. Have 15 minutes between your meetings - drop and do a few burpees to start scorching calories! Need help with your burpee form? Check out this video for how to do one correctly.
- High Knees Runs: This exercise is an easy one to do from anywhere as well. To do this one, run in place lifting each knee in line with your hip. Repeat, alternating legs, as quickly as you can. Check out this video for proper form for a high knee run.
- Jumping Jacks: The jumping jack is a classic for a reason. It elevates your heart rate quickly. With the right emphasis/focus, the jumping jack can also scorch your inner thigh and arm muscles. Try doing 30 seconds with proper form as quickly as you can. Need a refresher on form? Check this video out.
Start your cardio off in our White Eclipse Fit Mesh Jacket. This Jacket is designed as the perfect lightweight warm-up piece as it’s made from breathable mesh fabric. Features include a blue accent zipper and adjustable tie hood, open pockets, soft cuffs and hem. With the Fall Clearance code, FALL75, score 75% OFF for a limited time (pssst... that makes this jacket just over $10!!)
Burn Out: Abs & Arms
Now that we’re warmed up with a good sweat going, let’s move to the burn out abs and arms phase of the workout. Try these exercises that engage both your abs/core and arms.
Try to do each exercise for 30 seconds and build up to 1 minute.
- Plank Holds: The best thing about the plank hold is the amount of muscle groups this exercise works. When done correctly, it burns your entire core section from upper abs to lower abs. It works your glutes, legs, arms, and shoulders too. Try holding these for 30 seconds and working up to 1 minute. Repeat 3x. Need a refresher on plank form? Video is here.
- Mountain Climbers: The mountain climber is a similar movement to the plank. Start in the push-up position, making sure your arms are over your wrist and your stomach is pulled in with your back flat. Then pull legs up to your core and alternate each leg. These can be really challenging so practice building up to 30 seconds. Once that feels good move to 1 minute of straight mountain climbers. Check out a video of how to properly do these here.
- Plank Up and Downs: Ready for an exercise that pushes the plank to the next level? Try a plank up and down. This exercise combines the plank movement with the movement of a push-up. Start in a high plank position on your hands. Keeping your core as still and stable as possible, lower onto each forearms and move into a low plank position. Reverse the movements by pushing back into a high plank position. Repeat as many times as you can in 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Check out how to do this exercise here.
Grab one of our HAPARI Fit tops, like the HAPARI Fit Bra in Pink, Blue Eclipse, or White Eclipse to wear for your ab and arm work! Remember for a limited time during our Fall Clearance, you can score 75% OFF any of our HAPARI Fit activewear.
Leg Day: Glutes & Legs
Next up, we have a series of workouts that are designed to burn your booty and leg muscles! These leg workouts can easily be done at at home without any equipment. Feel free to add weight (grab some free weights or one of your kiddos) if you want!
Try doing 25 reps 3X through of each of these leg-burning exercises:
- Squats: Squats are so good for you. They burn your glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, and abs. The proper way to do a squat is harder than you might think. Watch this video for proper form, then try a series of these.
- Forward Lunge: Next up? The forward lunge. This exercise can be done walking or in-place, however you want to do it or however your space allows. Try 25 reps on each leg for 3 sets. Need help with form? Check this video out.
- Glute Bridges: This exercise will scorch your glute muscles. Try with both feet on the floor first and push your hips upwards. If that’s too easy, try a single-leg glute bridge. Here’s an easy how-to video to follow.
Need a pair of leggings to do these glue and leg exercises in? Our HAPARI Fit bottoms are just what you need! We currently offer the Blue Eclipse print in capri or full-length options. With our Fall Clearance, these come out to between $10-$15 bucks each! You can't beat that deal.
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in ourHAPARI blog. We include special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear. See you there!