Today we’re sharing a fitness feature workout designed to burn your glutes and legs. This is a` killer workout that will scorch an average of 500-600 calories in just 30 minutes. Ready to give it a try? Save this post to your phone (take a screenshot or bookmark the URL) and do this fun workout at home or at the gym for your next leg day.
5. Cardio Sprints
First up, to kick your workout into high gear, start with some cardio. Doing cardio at the beginning of your workout helps create a steady intensity to get your heart rate at a level needed for effectively burning fat. This series starts with sprints; so whether you workout at home or working out at a gym make sure to do stretching and a good warm up before you jump into these. Once you’re ready try the series below.
- 20-Second Sprint: Run as fast and as hard as you can for 20 seconds. At the end of 20 seconds do a light 10 second run/walk to cool down. Repeat for 5-10 sprints, depending on your starting cardio condition. You should be huffing and puffing trying to breathe by the end of this series!
- 1-Minute Run: Once you’re done with your sprints, do three sets of a 1-minute run. This run should be at a steady and difficult pace but you should be able to maintain it for the full minute. Don’t push yourself as hard as you do for the sprints but do make sure you’re running and not just doing a light jog.
4. Weighted Squat Series
Next up, we’re going to incorporate some weights. If you’re working out at a gym and have access to a barbell then grab that. If not, use a handheld weight at home or whatever you have around the house that can safely add extra weight to your workout. In this exercise series you’re going to be focusing on squats.
- Weighted Back Squats: With the barbell or weight safely resting on your shoulder blades, do 25-30 weighted back squats. Repeat the series 3 times. Make sure to keep your knees in line with your toes as you squat. Do not let your knees push forward!
- Sumo Squats: A sumo squat has a wider stance with feet slightly turned out. Repeat the series of 25-30 squats, 3 times.
- Front Squats: Last up are front squats. This squat form has the weight on the front of your chest/collarbone and/or you can align hand weights at your hips. Perform the front squat for 25-30 squats, 3 times.
3. High-Knee Jumps
We’re going to switch back to cardio to scorch those calories! This next exercise may seem easy; but trust us, once you’re mid-workout doing these high-knee jumps you’re going to feel the burn. This exercise can be modified for more intensity or less intensity.
- Plank to High-Knee Jump: If you’re looking for a more intense workout, try this variation of the high-knee jump. You’ll start in a plank position, step one foot forward into a lunge, then let the other knee swing upwards, and jump into the air with a high-knee/running position. As you land you’ll reverse back into the plank position. Do 10 on each leg and repeat for 3 times.
- Standing High-Knee Jump: If you need a variation that’s less intense, try doing the same high-knee jump from standing vs from the plank position. You’ll still feel the burn, trust us! Similar to the above variation, do this exercise 10 times on each leg and repeat the series 3 times.
2. Glute Leg Lifts
Next comes the glute burn. Start on your hands and knees (your arms should be straight underneath your shoulders and knees/legs should be aligned). Keeping one leg straight, lift straight up as high as you can while maintaining the form. You’ll feel the burn in your glutes!
- Leg Lifts: Perform leg lifts on each side with the leg going directly behind you. Do 15 on each leg, repeat 3 times.
- Side Leg Lifts: Move the position of the leg out to your side and repeat the leg lifts. Do 15 on each leg, repeat 3 times.
1. Kettlebell Swings
Last, we’re doing kettlebell swings! These weighted swings are a great way to end a workout because they build muscle and get your heart rate up. Make sure to keep your back straight and maintain a soft bend to the knees as you’re doing the swings. This is the last exercise of the workout. You can do it!
- Kettlebell Swings: Do 15-20 kettlebell swings on each side (alternating arms), repeat 3 times.
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in our HAPARI blog. We include special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear. See you there!