'Tis the season of PUMPKIN! Autumn means our favorite seasonal gourd is used in many everyday recipes — from lattes (check out our DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe), to soups and breads, and many of our favorite desserts. The Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies might just be the most beloved pumpkin dessert (at least it is at my house!). To honor the esteemed Pumpkin, we’re highlighting our favorite cookie recipes using the delicious squash.
Random trivia: did you know pumpkin is actually considered a fruit and not a vegetable? We learn new things everyday! :)
DELICIOUS PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These tasty morsels were voted best overall pumpkin cookie by Allrecipes. With more than 1,000 reviews, that means these delightful treats are tasty. And if nothing else, they’re definitely worth making and trying at least once. If you’re a cookie lover who loves pumpkin and chocolate (and really, who doesn’t love chocolate?!) then you’re in for a great dessert!
Ingredients For Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions For Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
We hope you give our delicious pumpkin chocolate chip recipe a try. Let us know if you tweak or alter the recipe to make it even better via our comments section. We’d love to share your thoughts with our Hapari community!
Thanks to Allrecipes for this delicious dish!