This is the first holiday season since quarantine, and while the virus is still going strong, many communities will move forward with holiday parties this year. Whether you decide to do a virtual event or an in-person get together, we’ve got you covered with unique holiday party ideas. From hiring a private chef to making pottery to a virtual “whodunnit” game we’ve searched the internet for the best ideas and included them here. Take a look below!
Virtual Party Ideas
First up, virtual party ideas! Just because you can’t get together with your people, doesn’t mean you can’t have a good party. Quarantine forced us all to get creative when it comes to events. And this year, we’re even more prepared to throw a fun virtual-based family, friend, or work event. Check out the ideas below!
- Cook or bake as a group. Last year, everyone was learning how to make banana bread. This year, put those newly learned baking skills to a test a la the very popular show The Great British Bake Off and do a bake off with your friends or coworkers. Give everyone the same recipe and ingredients and see who can whip up the best dessert.
- Virtual trivia game with real prizes. Plan a new spin on the classic trivia game by doing an online virtual version with real prizes. We recommend checking out trivia platforms designed for large groups like Housepartyor Bunch. These platforms coordinate and host the games, so all you have to do is get your group to sign up.
- Video game night. Have friends or coworkers who love playing video games? Host a virtual video game competition. To do this one, you’ll have to make sure all of the participants have the same game system and game. Or, find free online games you can play together on your phone or laptop.
- Virtual murder mystery game. We love a whodunnit game. This year, take the idea and make it virtual! There are several companies like Murder Mystery and Team Building that host virtual mystery games, check it out!
- Virtual escape room. We’ve heard such great things about escape rooms for team building and for parties with family and friends. If you aren’t able to get together in person to do one, try an online version. Try Virtual Escaping or try The Escape Game to book an online escape experience.
In-Person Party Ideas
If you’ve decided to do an in-person holiday party this year, we’ve got you covered with ideas as well. We searched for fun and unique ideas that work for most group sizes and work well for company parties or family parties. Hurry and book soon though; with only three weeks until Christmas reservations will be booking up!
- Hire a private chef! Did you know there are several websites that let you hire a personal chef for your next event? You can bring a chef to your home or venue or some let you come to their preferred location to whip up a fantastic home cooked meal. Check out hireachef, airbnb experiences, or go to tableathome to hire one.
- Pottery throwing class in an art studio. Channel the famous Ghost pottery scene and contact a local art studio to sign up for a pottery throwing class. You’ll learn how to shape and frame clay with a wheel and leave the studio with a new pottery piece!
- Go kart racing. Looking for something a little more high energy? Try go kart racing with the whole team! It’s a high speed and incredibly fun exercise racing your family members or coworkers around a track at 30-40 mph. Grab some cheap trophies and prizes for the top winners!
- Snowshoeing. If you’re lucky enough to live where there is snow, take advantage of the beautiful outdoors by planning a snowshoeing hike through the winter wonderland. Make sure everyone dresses appropriately with waterproof boots, pants, gloves, and a coat. Grab some hot cocoa after!
- Art exhibit. Support your local art studio by taking your team or family to an art exhibit. Quarantine and 2020 really put into perspective how precious the ability to see art in-person is. Take advantage of getting to see it in person and book your event today.
Need gift ideas? Don’t forget about our HAPARI Holiday Sale!
Now that you have some ideas for your next holiday party or get together, it’s time to think about gift ideas. Take advantage of the extended HAPARI Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale! You can save up to 80% OFF on participating swimwear and accessories and score free shipping on orders over $75! To get this deal, use code BFCM at checkout. It’s a great time to stock up on swim pieces for you and your family at incredible prices. Some exclusions may apply, and hurry, this sale won’t last long.
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in ourHAPARI blog. We include special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear. See you there!