In today’s post we’re diving into one of the latest workout trends on TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms: #pilatestrend. This trend centers around sharing easy-to-do pilates moves that can truly sculpt and shape your body. The other part is that the moves can usually be done anywhere, by anyone—including by all fitness levels, from beginner to experienced—and can be done any time of the day. This is the flexibility we love and want to highlight for our HAPARI community, right?!
We know finding time to workout can be a challenge, but with a few low-impact exercises, either done in addition to a standard workout regime or by itself, you can improve your health, get stronger, and feel better. Check out the 5 pilates moves you can do anywhere below!
1. The Hundred: Core Crusher Extraordinaire
Ready to rock that core and conquer your breathing like a boss? Buckle up, because ‘The Hundred’, a pilates staple, is about to become your new BFF.
- Nestle onto your back, knees up, and feet flat on the ground.
- Elevate your head, neck, and shoulders, then stretch your arms out alongside you.
- Time to amp up the jam—inhale for five arm pumps, exhale for another five.
- Repeat this groovy sequence for ten rounds, for a total of a hundred pumps.
- Do 3 sets of ‘the hundred’.
The Hundred isn't just a core game-changer; it's your ticket to better blood flow and mastering the art of controlled breath. Try adding ‘The Hundred’ to your existing workout routine or challenge yourself to do this a few times a day. You’ll build your core muscles, strengthen your pelvic floor, and increase your overall fitness level with just a few minutes a day.
2. Single Leg Bicycle and Oblique Burner
Next up is a move that will scorch your obliques. It’s called the: ‘Single Leg Bicycle’ and it’s here to slay your core and give you some epic stability. It’s a twist on the traditional bicycle move using body weight resistance.
- Plant your back on the mat and lift your head, neck, and shoulders.
- Elevate your legs, extend your legs to the ceiling, then lower one leg until it’s a few inches off the floor and lower the opposite arm.
- Switch legs like you're creating your very own dance routine, all while keeping those abs engaged.
- Keep your shoulders and head off the ground the entire time. Press your lower spine into the mat and work on ‘zipping’ up your pelvic floor with each extension.
- Do 3-5 sets of 20 bicycles on each side.
With the Single Leg Bicycle, you're not just working those abs—you're sculpting a masterpiece—starting with building a strong pelvic floor.
3. Swan Dive: Back Power
Most of us sit, hunched over a computer for a majority of the work day—putting strain on your neck and back. It’s time to give your posture a pep talk, enter the Swan Dive: your back's new BFF for strength and that oh-so-flexible spine:
- Lay face-down, place your hands by your shoulders.
- Push into those palms, rise with a gentle arch, and keep your gaze straight ahead. For an extra challenge, try lifting both legs off the ground as well.
- Slowly return to the mat.
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
Swan Dive: your remedy for the "hunchbacked desk jockey" blues and a ticket to a more regal posture. Give it a try today!
4. Side Leg Lift Series: Thigh Slimming Magic
Who's up for some hip and thigh magic? Say hello to the Side Leg Lift Series, a series of movements designed to sculpt your hips and thighs.
- Lay on your side, elbow on the ground with your hand supporting your head. Keep the bottom leg bent and the top leg straight.
- Lift the top leg to hip height, flex the foot, and cue the show: lift, lower, pulse, then add small circles forwards and backwards.
- Repeat on the other side. Do 3 sets of 10 reps (lifting, lowering, pulsing, then circling forwards and backwards) on each side.
5. Rolling Like a Ball: Rock and Roll for Your Spine
Lastly, let's get playful with ‘Rolling Like a Ball’, your secret weapon for spine-massaging goodness and some serious ab action. This movement focuses on back and spine mobility. It’s great to add at the end of your day.
- Lay your back down on the floor, knees bent, and grab onto your shins.
- Balance on your hip rockers or ‘sit bones’, tuck your chin, and curve the spine.
- Inhale, then slowly roll back and forth stretching out your spine and rolling out your back muscles.
- Repeat 3-5 sets with 10 reps each.
This move isn't just exercise; it's a massage for your back and an invitation for your spine to groove and flex!
Now that you know a few fat-burning, body-sculpting pilates moves to add to your workout routine, check out a few of our favorite loungewear items to wear while you’re doing the moves at home or at a pilates class!
Monterey Long Crop
The Monterey Long Crop is the perfect pilates workout top! It’s part of our seamless collection designed to fit most as a one-size top that fits sizes S to XL. It’s made from a silky soft material with superior elasticity and features a soft ribbed herringbone bone print. The neckline is also reversible and can be worn as a scoop neck or soft v-neck. The Monterey Long Crop is available in Ash Rose, Almond, Black, and Pewter.
Late to Brunch Romper
We love the bodysuit and romper trend! The Late to Brunch Romper, as part of our popular Loungewear collection, is the perfect pilates-ready one-piece outfit to add to your collection. Wear this gorgeous long-sleeve, one-piece, short romper to a pilates class or just throw it on to do exercises in your home. This suit is also part of our seamless collection, made from buttery soft fabric, and designed to fit sizes S-XL with superior elasticity and comfort.
Como Cashmere Joggers
Lastly, throw on the Como Cashmere Joggers for a comfortable cozy outfit to rock your pilates moves in. We love these soft joggers. You’ll want to wear these everywhere, not just to pilates. They’re perfect for everything from comfy date nights watching a movie to running errands to grabbing coffee with friends. The joggers feature brushed cashmere fabric and a square front pocket detail—making them luxuriously soft and stylish.
Ready for more lifestyle articles, product features, and healthy living tips? Check out the other articles in our HAPARI blog. We feature special product spotlights, healthy eating and fitness advice, and exclusive insider deals on our swimwear.